My Shopping List
Apricot Pineapple Chicken With Sweet 'n Spicy Rice
Courtesy of Uncle Ben's®
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. UNCLE BEN'S® ORIGINAL CONVERTED® Brand Rice
+ 1 c. celery , diced, about 4 stalks
+ 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice , separate juice from chunks
+ 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes dried and crushed
+ 1/2 c. green onions, chopped
+ 4 (5 oz.) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
+ 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
+ 1-1/2 c. apricot pineapple marmalade
+ 2 c. Asian Style frozen vegetable blend or steamed snow peas
+ 2 Tbsp. butter
+ 1-1/4 c. water
What to do:
1. In a 2-1/2 quart sauce pan with tight fitting lid, add butter and melt over medium high heat. Add celery and sauté until soft, about 2 min. Add rice and sauté 1 min. more.
2. Add 1-1/4 c. water and juice ONLY from pineapple can. Cover, bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Let simmer for 20 min. or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in crushed red pepper and green onions and set aside until ready to serve with chicken.
3. To prepare chicken, spray large sauté pan with non stick cooking spray. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 min. on each side.
4. While chicken is cooking, mix pineapple chunks, marmalade and soy sauce and add mixture to sauté pan with chicken. Cook an additional 3-4 min. or until chicken is fully cooked and glazed with sauce.
5. Steam vegetables and serve with rice and chicken.